Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is it manipulation or sweet innocence?














We teach our children how to pray. We tell them that prayers do get answered. How was I to respond to this one prayer that I knew wasn't going to be answered:

"Dear Jesus, please let mommy stay home with me tonight."

That's what I heard Kamryn say right before I was to leave for the neighborhood bunco the other night.

Nice try Kamryn! I rarely go out in the evenings. Maybe once or twice a month. And I'm home with her during the day. I was actually in disbelief that that's what she really said, but the boys heard her too. I told her when mommy goes out, I always come back home.

I've been a sub for a few months now for the neighborhood group. It's fun to get out and finally meet some neighbors after living here almost two years.

Matt babysat the other night and did such a great job! I got home by 10:00 and was surprised to find Kamryn fast asleep. I really expected her to wait up for me. Matt is such a good big brother/babysitter though and he read books and stayed by her until she fell asleep.

I won $5.00 for rolling the most "mini-bunco's" - big excitement! It's funny how different groups have different rules/prizes for the game. In Indiana, I started a bunco group in our neighborhood, and we played a little differently. We didn't keep track of mini buncos but just counted them as 5 points.

Hey you Indy bunco friends that may be reading . . . are you still playing? If not, we'll have to set up a bunco night next time I'm down there! And playgroup friends here, we do need to set a date maybe in Jan/Feb for a bunco game night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go with sweet innocence, I'm sure Kamryn would never manipulate you! :-) This sort of thing happens on a regular basis at our house - I've been trying to go out in the evenings to do a little holiday shopping and Liana cries that she will miss me, please don't go - how could she miss me, I'm with her every second of the day!!! :-) So nice you have a babysitter at home. How is your no diet Coke going? And I would love to try Bunco, I've never done it! Happy Thanksgiving -
Carol

Kristen said...

You know I'm in for Bunco!

Emily plays the game too--she lowers her head, looks up w her eyes, pouts her lips and says "But Mama, I'm going to miss you so much." And this is just to go out and get my haircut!!