Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reaching Hearts in China

My friend Becki is in China right now. No, not there adopting a baby, (she did that once already - see Addison's story on my blog roll) but she's there with a group of women helping out in an orphanage just because. Just because their hearts are so big. Just because they want to spread the word of Jesus and sing Jesus Loves Me to the children. Just because they are wonderful women!

When Becki told me that she was going on this mission trip, I felt that twinge of "Oh I want to go too." Then reality for me set in, and I just knew that I couldn't do it. The trip is expensive (little did I know then that through hard work and fundraising, the trip gets paid for), and I seriously don't think I could leave my kids for 12 days. I have a hard enough time getting a sitter for a much needed date night. (I need to work on that I know because spending time with your spouse is pretty important too!)

When I found out that Becki was going to be in an orphanage in Shangrao, I was so happy . . . and then felt terrible that I maybe didn't pursue this further. Kamryn is from Shangrao. They are not at the same orphanage where Kamryn was, but they are not too far away. I do look forward to going back to China someday.

Becki I am praying for you and the rest of the group and am there with you in spirit! I love the photos on the website. I bet you are loving it. I think if I were there, I would want to bring every child home with me, and I'm sure you will feel the same way.

Here's their website!

Reaching Hearts In China

No comments: