Sunday, June 15, 2008

Speaking of birthdays . . .
























June 2nd was my Aunt Bernice's birthday. It was a Tuesday. Tuesdays are the day that my mom and aunt go stitching at Carillon with their Carillon friends and sometimes they all go out for lunch before they stitch. So this Tuesday in honor of my aunt's birthday, Kamryn and I decided to join them. (after all, years before Aunt B lived in AZ and we couldn't celebrate with her!)

It was nice to meet the sweet Carillon ladies! Kamryn thankfully was pretty well behaved except for the deliberate small salt and pepper mixing on the table. Grandma and Aunt B tried to keep her entertained since they were sitting by her. Kamryn enjoyed the attention from everyone so much that she drew everyone pictures. Then during lunch, Kamryn got up, walked past me and went right up to Phyllis and wanted to sit on her lap! Phyllis graciously let her even though she wasn't finished with her own lunch. And then she graciously shared her french fries with Kamryn even though Kamryn's basket of fries sat untouched. Thank you Phyllis for being extra kind!












From what my mom tells me, Phyllis faithfully read our website while we were in China and continues to faithfully read the blog. (Hi Phyllis!) In my mom's words, she is Kamryn's biggest fan. Kamryn obviously became quite fond of her too. She definitely felt very comfortable around Phyllis, and I'd say she bonded with her! It was very cute. Kamryn and I hope to join them all again soon. After all, Grandma's friends are our friends and we love to eat lunch out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice of you to join us for lunch. Please do so again!
Kamryn was so cute when she walked over to Phyllis. It was just as tho she knew Phyllis forever. She just made herself at home.
Thanks for the pictures.
Love ya, Mom

Chrissie said...

Hey - great picture of Kamryn over at myadoptionwebsite!